Developing students’ emotional competency, critical thinking and academic skills since 1985—we provide alternative school education, professional development and consultation.
Our Alternative Schools
We address the social, emotional and behavioral needs of students experiencing trouble learning in traditional classrooms. Our licensed and accredited schools maintain supportive, flexible environments. Referrals from LEAs are accepted throughout the year.
What Students Receive
- A real-world education integrated with skills to develop emotional competency
- Exposure to a wide array of 21st century skills
- Earned credits for demonstrated proficiency in core academics and personal development
- Skills needed for critical thinking and responsible self-reliance
- School-to-work initiative/transitions for older students
- Low student to staff ratio
Viola M. Berard School
Located in Woonsocket, RI
- Grades K-12
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking staff
Sunrise Community School
Located in Killingly, CT