2018 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
Free tax preparation is available for families with incomes of less than $57,000.
We offer free income tax preparation and counseling through our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
IRS-certified volunteers help individuals prepare both Federal and State tax returns, and E-file the return for faster refunds. Assistance is also offered for Property Tax Preparation (see schedule below). A special emphasis is placed on helping taxpayers claim credits for which they may be eligible, including the Earned Income and Child Tax Credits.
Call 401-235-7224 to make an appointment.
For specific income eligibility information: View flyer (English & Spanish)
65 Main Street, Woonsocket, RI
Income Tax Preparation
Mondays and Thursdays: 12 - 4 PM
Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 4 - 7 PM
Saturdays: 9 - 3 PM (Saturday appointments end 3/17/2018)
Property Tax Preparation
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays: 10 AM - 2 PM
Call 401-235-7224 to schedule an appointment.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Social Security Card(s), birth certificates for self, spouse and all dependents.
- Picture ID or driver's license for you and your spouse if married filing a joint return.
- All 2017 W-2 & 1099, SSI, TDI, Unemployment & FIP forms.
- Documents for Proof of Insurance Coverage
- Copy of your 2016 Federal Tax Return, if available.
- Child & Dependent Care Expense – including Tax Identification Number (SSN, EIN) of the care provider.
- For direct deposit – bring a check, or a Savings Account Number with Routing Number.
- For property tax relief please bring 3 rent receipts, full name and address of landlord and all household income.
- For VITA/tax preparation locations outside of Woonsocket, call 2-1-1
Check out MY FREE TAXES to learn how to file online!
Want to Volunteer?
We are currently seeking people with a background in tax law to provide tax preparation through our VITA program. Learn more about how you can get involved as a VITA Volunteer!