Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
We offer free income tax preparation and counseling through our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
IRS-certified volunteers help individuals prepare both Federal and State tax returns, and E-file the return for faster refunds. A special emphasis is placed on helping taxpayers claim credits for which they may be eligible, including the Earned Income and Child Tax Credits.
Call 401-235-7187 to make an appointment.
Location & Hours Information:
Free tax preparation is available for families with incomes of less than $54,000.
For specific income eligibility information: View flyer (English & Spanish)
55 Main Street, Woonsocket, RI
Mondays, Wednesdays: 12:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M
Fridays: 9:00 A.M. to Noon
Saturdays: 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Call 401-235-7187 to schedule an appointment.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Social Security Card(s), birth certificates for self, spouse and all dependents.
- Picture ID or driver's license for you and your spouse if married filing a joint return.
- All 2016 W-2 & 1099, SSI, TDI, Unemployment & FIP forms.
- Documents for Prooff of Insurance Coverage
- Copy of your 2015 Federal Tax Return, if available.
- Child & Dependent Care Expense – including Tax Identification Number (SSN, EIN) of the care provider.
- For direct deposit – bring a check, or a Savings Account Number with Routing Number.
- For property tax relief please bring 3 rent receipts, full name and address of landlord and all household income.
- For VITA/tax preparation locations outside of Woonsocket, call 2-1-1
Check out MY FREE TAXES to learn how to file online!
Want to Volunteer?
We are currently seeking people with a background in tax law to provide tax preparation through our VITA program. Learn more about how you can get involved as a VITA Volunteer!