FREE Income Tax Prep
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is now scheduling appointments to drop off paperwork to have tax returns prepared. Please call 401-235-7187 to schedule an appointment and receive more information.
In accordance with the Governor's directive, face masks must be worn to your drop off appointment. A taxpayer extension until July 15th has been granted. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Community Care Alliance will provide FREE tax preparation services through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (VITA), now in its 15th year. This service uses volunteer tax preparers who are certified by the IRS and serve families with incomes less than $60,000. Preparers help identify tax credits, such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit that can save low and moderate families thousands of dollars.
Appointments are required.
800 Clinton Street, Suite 302
Bring These Documents
- Social Security Card(s), birth certificates for self, spouse and all dependents
- Picture ID or driver’s license for you and your spouse if married filing a joint return
- All 2019 W-2s & 1099s, SSI, TDI, Unemployment & FIP.
- Documents for Proof of Insurance Coverage
- Copy of your 2018 Federal Tax Return, if available.
- Child & Dependent Care Expense – Tax Identification Number (SSN, EIN) of the care provider
- For direct deposit – bring a check, or a Savings Account Number with Routing Number
- For property tax relief please bring 3 rent receipts, full name, address and Phone Number of landlord, award letter, Photo ID, SS card and other income for everyone living in household.
For other locations, call: 2-1-1