LIHEAP - Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
This program features Heating Assistance, Crisis Assistance, Weatherization and AMP (RI Appliance Maintenance Program) for households that rent or own.
The application period is from October through May. To qualify for this program, you must be a resident of Woonsocket or N. Smithfield and meet income eligibility requirements.
Grants are provided for emergency situations, such as 1/4 or lower oil or propane fuel tank level, pending termination of utility service, etc.
The following documentation is required for all services
- Proof of all household income or no income, most recent RI Works/SNAP (food stamp) statement, TDI, unemployment statement, SSI/SSDI award letter, 4 weeks of pay stubs
- Picture ID for applicant only
- Social security cards for ALL household members
- Proof of birth for ALL household members (birth certificates/RI Medicaid cards)
- Proof of rent or mortgage amount (current rent receipt, current lease, current mortgage statement)
- Medical cards for family members
- Current electric, gas/oil bills
- Documentation of crisis (fire report, doctor’s note, etc.)