FREE Income Tax Prep
Effective January 23, 2023
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is now scheduling appointments for tax preparation.
To schedule an appointment, please call 401-235-7187; leave a message and someone will contact you to schedule your appointment.
In accordance with the Governor's directive, face masks must be worn to your appointment.
Community Care Alliance will provide FREE tax preparation services through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (VITA), now in its 19th year. This service uses volunteer tax preparers who are certified by the IRS and serve families with incomes less than $64,000. Preparers help identify tax credits, such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit that can save low and moderate families thousands of dollars.
Appointments are required.
800 Clinton Street, Suite 302
Bring These Documents
- Social Security Card(s), birth certificates for self, spouse and all dependents
- Picture ID or driver’s license for you and your spouse if married filing a joint return
- All 2022 W-2s & 1099s, SSI, TDI, Unemployment & FIP.
- Documents for Proof of Insurance Coverage
- Copy of your 2020 Federal Tax Return, if available.
- Advance Child Tax Credit or Earned Income form from IRS, if applicable
- Child & Dependent Care Expense – Tax Identification Number (SSN, EIN) of the care provider
- For direct deposit – bring a check, or a Savings Account Number with Routing Number
- For property tax relief please bring 3 rent receipts, full name, address and Phone Number of landlord, award letter, Photo ID, SS card and other income for everyone living in household.
For other locations, call: 2-1-1