The Agape Center is a resource center for persons living with or affected by HIV/AIDS. Agape is a safe, confidential setting where people living with AIDS are treated with dignity and respect.
| Agape Program Manager Lorna Cohen, and HOPWA Coordinator Jacqui Arpin help at bake sale for the Agape Center.
Clients must be HIV+ and live in Rhode Island.
The Agape Drop-In Center is open three days a week, year round. Hours are Monday and Wednesday 8:30 am-4:00 pm and Thursdays 8:30 am -12:00pm. Breakfast and lunch are served on drop in days. Clients have access to the food pantry on a weekly basis, and to the personal care center for personal care, cleaning and household items on a monthly basis.
Case management services are offered in English and Spanish. Support and resources through case management services include:
- Coordination of medical care
- Transportation assistance
- Assistance with obtaining benefits
- Assistance with accessing substance abuse and mental health treatment services
- Provision of social and emotional support
- Housing assistance
- Education about disease progression and HIV medications